Sunday, January 12, 2014

Winter Adventure

Around this time last year, I was preparing to go on a trip to the Boundary Waters in Minnesota. The highest temperature during that trip was 0 degrees Fahrenheit, and the lowest temperature was -35 degrees Fahrenheit. Despite the chilliness, it was a really amazing experience, and I wish I could have done it again this year. I got to go cross country skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, and dog sledding. I realized recently that I never posted anything about this awesome trip on my blog, so...
PICTURES!

My friend cross country skiing 
Snowshoeing
When snowshoeing, do not try to write your name in the snow
because you might fall on the last letter...
Beautiful landscape
Dog sledding
Other people dog sledding
Where the dogs were kept (aka HEAVEN)
Puppy scratching himself
Puppy being cute
Saying goodbye!


On an unrelated note, I just finished rereading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green because I hadn't read it in a couple of years and my friends have been raving about it recently. I remember really liking it the first time I read it, but I don't remember loving it, which I should have. I was able to appreciate the humor, symbolism, and themes better upon my second reading, so I'm glad that I revisited this novel. It made me laugh and cry and contemplate the complexities of life in new ways. It's a pretty quick book to read, and I would recommend it for anyone who is a person and is wanting to read a book. (I apologize for excluding animals who want to read a book, but the line has to be drawn somewhere.)


No comments:

Post a Comment